Office Lens (Windows, iOS, and Android) is one of my favorite apps – you may remember that I blogged about it before and sang its praises. It’s a quick and easy way to scan images of documents, business cards, receipts, sticky notes, whiteboard notes with your phone.
A recent update has made Office Lens EVEN BETTER. If you’ve used the Learning Tools Add-On for OneNote before, you’ll recognize this. This video demonstrates the Immersive Reader feature.
Immersive Reader in Office Lens features
The Immersive Reader helps users to easily scan and read content, helping them move from the physical to digital world. Learn more about each feature below.
- Read aloud—Reads text out loud with simultaneous highlighting that improves decoding, fluency and comprehension while sustaining focus and attention.
- Font size—Allows the user to increase or decrease the size of fonts.
- Wide text spacing—Optimizes font spacing in a narrow column view to improve reading fluency for users who suffer from “visual crowding” issues.
- Back five words and forward one page—Allows the user to move backwards and forwards in the content.
- Speaking rate—Allows user to control the speed of the voice reading back the words.
Have you tried Office Lens? I highly recommend it!