Hello, and welcome to my little space on the web!
I’m a former classroom teacher, Jesus follower, font addict, TV-aholic, Sonic drink enthusiast that was born & raised in Texas. To support my graphics and font addiction, I am a part-time crafter and full time Instructional Technologist in a North Texas public school district.
10 Things About Me
- I’ve been an educator in Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD for HALF. MY. LIFE. I’ve taught 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 8th grades. No offense to the others, but THIRD grade is my favorite.
- I’m a font snob. I admit it. My font budget continues to grow monthly. (Wait … who are we kidding??? I don’t have a font budget! Or a budget-budget.)
- I swore up and down I wasn’t going to get an iPhone when they first came out. I lasted one week. I said the same thing about the iPad. I lasted two days.
- I am a serious television watcher. It’s hard to pick a favorite show, but these days it’s The Walking Dead, Dancing with the Stars, and reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond. I know … strange combination!
- I have two cats, Hoki and Hattie. No outfit is complete without cat hair. #truestory
- I was a Music Major at Abilene Christian University back in the day. I’m constantly surprised at how many Instructional-Tech-Types were also music majors. In fact, 3 out of 4 of us in my department majored in music! (Vocal, Piano, and Instrumental … we’ve got it covered!)
- I’m a crafter. I even have my own craft business that keeps me quite busy! If you see me buying 243 spiral notebooks, 150 RSVP pens, or 75 Hershey’s bars at a time, please just act like that’s normal!
- I’m somewhat of a grammar nerd. My least favorite statement in the history of forever is “Where’s it at?” (I literally shook as I typed that!)
- I’m not really a gamer unless you count Words with Friends and Candy Crush. Then, I’m totally a gamer.
- I have been BLESSED with the most wonderful friends and family in my life. I am truly grateful for each and every one of them.
B.S.Ed, Elementary Education (Music Emphasis)
Abilene Christian University
- Elementary Music (Grades 1-8)
- Elementary Self-Contained (Grades 1-8)
- Classroom Teacher – Technology Applications (EC-12)
- Principal (EC-12)
I’m also proud to be a MIcrosoft Innovative Educator and a 21st Century Learning Design Trainer.